The Medicines Transparency Alliance (MeTA) was created in recognition of the key importance of access to medicines.
These documents report on:
- Establishing a framework for MeTA in pilot countries; gaining government commitment and establishing sectoral and national committees.
- Delivering against the MeTA objectives in countries; progress towards data identification, disclosure, changes in practice and logframe objectives.
- The genesis of MeTA
- International governance; the management board, advisory group, secretariat, private sector and civil society.
- The MeTA hypotheses
The future of MeTA is examined including:
- Funding mechanisms and identification of new funders
- Governance arrangements
- Identification of new countries
- Whether to continue support to existing countries
- The design and identification of the international secretariat function
- What might be different?
Full Report: Evaluation of the Medicines Transparency Alliance Phase 1 2008-2010, Main Report [PDF- 940 KB]
Summary Report: Evaluation of the Medicines Transparency Alliance Phase 1 2008-2010, Summary Report [PDF- 240 KB]
Presentation: Evaluation of Medicines Transparency Alliance [PDF- 110 KB]