HEART were asked to produce a report focused on attracting and retaining teachers.
This helpdesk report is on the topic of “attracting and retaining teachers” and aims to address what works to attract competent people into the teaching profession and how to retain teachers and ensure that they attend school regularly and teach effectively. The report is structured into sections covering the issues of teacher recruitment, retention, attendance and effectiveness. These include:
- Overview papers
- Recruitment: What works to attract competent people into the teaching profession?
- Retention: What works to retain teachers?
- Teacher attendance: What works to ensure teachers attend school regularly?
- Teacher effectiveness: What works to ensure teachers teach effectively?
- Teacher recruitment, retention and effectiveness in fragile and conflict-affected contexts