A range of complex policy options are embedded in national systems for providing learning and teaching materials (LTM). The objectives of this Guidance Note are:
- To identify and analyse the key issues involved in book sector policy, planning and development
- To help DFID play a constructive role in supporting the liberalisation and development of the book sector and the public private partnerships (PPP) that can foster a sustainable supply of best-cost, good quality learning and teaching materials.
The Note is organised in four sections:
- Why learning and teaching materials matter
- Current trends, key issues and policy options
- Key issues and actions in developing effective national LTM policies
- References, glossary and a decision tree