The importance of ECD for human and social development and productivity is now recognised as a national priority at the highest levels of government. In Phase I of its programme (2009-13), Ilifa demonstrated a variety of modes of ECD service and delivery. This publication details the six strategic objectives of Phase II (2013-2016).
Very briefly, the six objectives are:
- to define an Essential Package of ECD services and demonstrate how they can be provided at scale;
- to support district and provincial systems to provide ECD services at scale;
- to support the development of human resources for scaling-up ECD services;
- to develop appropriate financing models to enable scale-up of ECD services;
- to build public demand through public campaigns, and engage political will through interaction with policy makers; and
- to conduct research to build evidence for effective intervention.